Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Law & Order Franchise For Your "Emmy" Consideration Ads

Many networks are turning up the publicity to highlight their shows as they make their bids for the 2009 Emmy Awards. NBC Universal and the Law & Order franchise are no different, with ads recently hitting the trade publications. And here – for YOUR consideration – are the ads for all the shows in the Law & Order franchise. We must get some people with NBC Universal to get a little more creative with the ads in the future though, they appear to have primarily used their standard stock photos. Pity.


Here’s something that Starpulse.com wrote about Mariska’s Emmy bid in an article titled “TV Honorees That Don't Deserve Recognition At The Emmy Awards”:


Best Actress in a Dramatic Series Mariska Hargitay for "Law & Order: SVU"

Somehow, Hargitay has notched five consecutive nominations for her work as a cop in a procedural. A procedural. Where is the depth? Where is the character exploration in self-contained storylines about gathering evidence and interviewing perps? Sure, there was a time when her character's back story raised her stakes, but that seems like an afterthought now.

Ouch.


By the way, sometime you can click on a photo in my blog immediately after I publish and get a larger view; sometimes it takes a day or two before my pictures get picked up for public access. These pictures are better viewed in the larger size that I upload here, so I hope it doesn’t take too long for fans to get access to the larger version of each picture posted here.)


Law & Order Cast
S. Epatha Merkerson, Jeremy Sisto, Anthony Anderson
Sam Waterston, Alana De La Garza, Linus Roache


Law & Order SVU Chris Meloni and Mariska Hargitay


Chris Meloni


Mariska Hargitay



Law & Order SVU Guest Stars


Law & Order Criminal Intent

Jeff Goldblum, Julianne Nicholson, Eric Bogosian, Kathryn Erbe, Vincent D'Onofrio

Law & Order CI and Other USA Network Shows (Vincent and Jeff on the far left)




Check out my blog home page for the latest Law & Order information, on All Things Law And Order, here.

Also, see my companion Law & Order site,These Are Their Stories.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not understand. When Law and Order SVU Mariska focuses very demanding that a series of excessive emphasis
the actress. Conversely, if the actress is limited to procedural terms of the series must be alert because it has no depth. The truth is that Mariska is a wonderful actress, has all the information on purpose and was stolen Emmy in 2008, when deserved win for his performance in "Ündecover"

Anonymous said...

I agree with the comment above and I further. Mariska is the great name of SVU, which they say, but I am almost sure that at least 50% of those who see SVU do to see the performance of such remarkable atriz.Não is also a squeçam which won the Golden Globe. And I will say it is because of its beautiful eyes and sorriso.Mariska is so talented, and that there is an incomprehensible behavior by some who insist on not recognizing his talent..

Anonymous said...

I agree with the comment above and I further. Mariska is the great name of SVU, which they say, but I am almost sure that at least 50% of those who see SVU do to see the performance of such remarkable atriz.Não is also a squeçam which won the Golden Globe. And I will say it is because of its beautiful eyes and sorriso.Mariska is so talented, and that there is an incomprehensible behavior by some who insist on not recognizing his talent..

Melanie Atkins said...

I agree, too. Mariska is a powerful actress who has taken a shallow role in a procedural and turned it into an in depth portrayal of a troubled detective who is exposed to all sorts of depravity and still manages to rise above it despite her tough childhood. Kudos to her for making this show shine. If only the writers will get back on the character bandwagon and give us more snippets...

Tiffy said...

I think that whoever wrote that about Mariska and her character are completely wrong. I've JUST started watching SVU and was hooked from the tenth year. And I only can get into shows that have really great acting in them. Simple conclusion there. She's a brilliant actress in a procedural and makes her character have depth, personality, and she's overall great.

Lisa R. said...

I would love to see a nomination for, who else?, Linus Roache. His talent together with the excellent writing these past two years have brought me back into the fold.

When was the last time Sam Waterston was even nominated for Law and Order? The 90s, I think. He needs a nomination and the award!

Also, Dallas Roberts from the By Perjury episode should be recognized for his outstanding guest star role.

But will the Emmy voters even think of honoring the record-tying drama with some nominations? A nomination? I can only hope.

Bia Regina said...

GAH. I CAN'T GET THE LARGER VIEW OF THE PICTURES.

#cries#

Shelly said...

I can't either.... All Things, do you know why it's taking so long, or are we the only ones having this problem? Thanks for posting them and I'd love to see them bigger too.

Chris Zimmer said...

RE: the larger pics: It seems Google is taking up to a week or two to get the pictures into their "image search" which usually is what opens these pics up so they can be "clicked" for a larger view. Sometimes this only takes a day or so, but apparently not this time! Some of my other blogs are less than a week behind with the photos getting into image search - the whole process has always been quite a bit of a mystery to me because it is never consistent.

Sorry for the problem. If they can't be "clicked" in this blog to view the larger size soon, I may have to think about alternative methods to give access.

JanieJones said...

The entire franchise has been virtually ignored with the exception of Hargitay and didn't Cynthia Nixon pick up an award for guest appearance on SVU? I do believe Hargitay was robbed given her performance in "Undercover." And L&O, original flavor, has re-improved immensely over the past few years and seems to be back in its' stride as it once was-Waterson does deserve a nomination. And what of S. Epatha Merkerson? I realize that perhaps out of all three, L&O, may be the most procedural of the three but she's been stellar in all these years as Lt.Anita Van Buren. I, also, agree that Linus Roache was one who did reel me back into the original. And last but not least, can I get on my soapbox about some of Mr. D'Onofrio's performances particularly in the last two character driven seasons? He did a heck of a job in S7, it's hard for me to think of just one episode from last year. And Kate Erbe in Amends-she brought her A game to the table. I would like to see the franchise get some veritable Emmy consideration and nominations. Will it happen? I highly doubt it because the Academy doesn't seem to like to acknowledge certain things such as what is called a "procedural" crime drama. It does annoy me that certain, not all, publications like to take their dislike and put it out there but it's freedom of speech and press.
I do watch other television besides the L&O's. And there is some stellar television being done, usually on cable regular and pay. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the L&O franchise. Here's to hope! By the way, love the blog, recaps etc.

Jane said...

There are certain actresses that are nominated every year whether they deserve it or not. Mariska Hargitay is one of them.

Shelly said...

Not to whine, but I still can't get these pics to pop up larger... can anyone else?

lilkunta said...

Starter wife is from 2yrs ago, how is it eligible? That show was ANNOYING. So glad it is cancelled!
...& interestingly Gigi Levangie teh woman who wrote it just got DIVORCED. She was a starter wife!